Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Being Thankful...


"And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts" Colossians 3:15-16

Wow, I don't know how much more that can ring dearer to my heart in this season for myself and my family. I have so much to be thankful for and I feel that my heart is just over flowing with the love of Christ and I just want to so badly pour it on to other. To feel this amazing love and affection of God! It's a love that not even a spouse can give. 
The only way I can describe it; you know that feel of butterflies you get in your tummy? Yeah, it's like that but only in your heart!
God so badly longs for these moments, these moments of time with Him. A time of thankfulness. 
I was thinking back to the time when I was going to Great Lakes Christian College when I learned I am a Princess! Yes, a PRINCESS! And not only a princess, but a princess becoming a Queen! It was a prophetic word given to me from a friend that has stung strong in my heart. 
One thing my mom always would tell my sister and I growing up that still rings dear to me to this day (and yes, I will use it on my children!) is that in heaven we each have a crown. We each have a beautiful crown with jewels and rubies and each time we do something good we get blessed with a new jewel for our crown.  I have a righteous crown in heaven, this crown I await for is a FREE gift! This crown I await for isn't for sale. It's not sitting somewhere in my closet. And it definitely has nothing to do with my own achievements in life.
The crown I await for is a FREE gift from God... given unexpected, and out of love. This crown will only fit a certain kind of Princess- one who is a daughter of Jesus Christ, the King of Kings.  I may not live in a castle, I may not dress like royalty in gowns of the finest cloth, or go to big fancy events, but I am still a Princess! Second Timothy 4:8 says, "Now there is in store for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."  For years I have been seeking to find the meaning of "Your a princess becoming a Queen!" which was a word a good friend of mine gave me. I will probably seek the meaning of it until the day I come before the Lord and he places that crown on my head. But until that day I will be content to know that I AM the heir to a crown that is ment for me, and when I see the King, I'll bow before him and lay my crown at his feet.
How beautiful is it to know that we are royalty in the kingdom!?! That we are called Kings and Queens! It doesn't matter what you have done, or who you are, what you look like, or what you wear. You can be wearing rags and no shoes and still be called a King/Queen. You are a child of God! He does not judge you through your appearance. He looks at your heart! 
It took me years to understand that I was LOVED by God, That I was NEW and set FREE! I'm alive today because of the Lord, because of prayers of others, I'm alive because of my cry out for help. A hand out stretched to God to rescue me when I was in my darkest times. I have SO much to be thankful for. I was saved from depression, suicidal thoughts when I was a teen, a eating disorder, sexual sin, and abuse. For so long I cried out to God in anger. "WHERE ARE YOU!?! Your word says you are near, but why do I feel the way I do? Why am I going through the things I am?" I was hurt and angry and felt alone. I felt that I was trapped in a dark room and had no way of finding my way out until I gave up. I came to the point of not wanting to hurt anymore, of not wanting to feel alone and sad. 
I got healed when I went to youth camp and my CHAINS WERE BROKEN! God healed me of pain, hurt, anger, sadness. I was made NEW, I was SET FREE from the bonds that were holding me back and I was ALIVE! I was set on fire for God. I had a burning fire in my heart for God. I learned that I am all that He says I am! I am BEAUTIFUL, I am a PRINCESS, I am HEALED, I am ALIVE, I am a DAUGHTER, I am THANKFUL, and the biggest one...I am LOVED!!! 
Here is a song you should all just close your eyes to and let is stir your heart. 



No comments: