Friday, March 4, 2011

Finding YOU...

     As soon as my son was born and he was placed on my chest; my whole identity was changed and I was given a whole new role. I was now a mama to a very special gift.
    As much as we give and continue to give of ourselves in this new role, we haven't lost who God made us to be. Sometimes we will lose track but after awhile we will look in the mirror and look past the saggy belly and into the eyes of a tired but blessed and still growing woman.  Being a mama doesn't mean you just disapper or matter anymore. Being a mama means growth, it will expand who you are. Think of yourself as a jewel. Being a jewel, in the beinning you have jagged edges but as you grow and learn the edges being to get polished and polished until you are shining in all ways.  No matter what, your still YOU! Just think, God treasures you. He finds you just the way you are, more beautiful then any jewel.
    As we go on this journey of raising our children, we learn where we ourselves are still needing work and where we still need growth.  But mama's, Oh how we've already grown so much! Huh??
    Motherhood is such an amazing gift, it has taught us to love, to really love, and for me most of all...to be loved unconditionally. It's also taught us a great amount of patience in our lives. I know motherhood not only has taught me patience but with also being a wife I've had to learn a lot of patience.
    As we continue to shape the little blessing's in our lives, we close our eyes, take a deep breath, look in the mirror, and discover something a little more about ourselves then we've every known before. At the end of the day we're still learning to grow. Think about when you plant a seed, it needs water to grow, right? That's the same for our lives. We need people, affection, laughter, and love to learn and grow. We go through things to break us and shape us. We are still so much like a child at times.

     I want to challenge you to something. Before I was married and had my children I would look in the mirror until I knew I was loved by God.
     If your struggling finding who you are and accepting love I want you to try this. I want you to stand in front of your mirror (with no make-up on) and look at who you are. Try to look at the beauty you hold within who you are. Don't pick what you dislike most about yourself. Look at yourself as a treasured jewel in the hands of the one who loves you most, think of how he sees you and feel his love for you. You will begin to feel a joy and love that you've never felt before. Press into His love for you and accept it!
     I want to challenge you to this for seven days, and be sure to tell a friend or comment how it's helped you.

    Be blessed mama

No comments: